Tuesday, September 12, 2023

All Horsey!

My focus is very narrow at the moment. As a result, I am having fewer barn trips and interactions with live horses; truly, almost all my day is spent at the sewing machine.

That means I am writing less about Abby and have an overkill of posts about sewing and preparing for The Feast of the Hunters' Moon and the Great Lakes Congress show.

Apologies in advance if that is not your cuppa hot chocolate. I do hope to get to the barn later this morning as I will be running a few errands, so cross your fingers and stay 'tooned!

Having said all that, today's blog post is all horsey!

 
My friend Shannon Call heard that I was looking for Cornelius and Nevermore.


She had some extras and kindly offered me two of hers. Thank you, Shannon! I can't wait to see them, especially Cornelius!


Last spring I did a couple of blog posts about planting flowers in a horsey fountain that had quit working.


This is how they look now in September. Aren't they pretty! Begonias are my go-to garden flower because they are so easy to grow.


The have grown so well that some of the flowers grew down inside and along the tunnel for the electrical cord for the pump.


I did not know that until this one poked its head out through the opening for the cord. It makes me smile to look at it.


I finished three more haversacks from remnants of fabric from Traditional sized haversacks.


I love these mid century cats! 


They remind me of the Siamese kitties in Lady and the Tramp. (Photo from Google Images.)


Model in haversack to show fit.

That's all for today - I am off to walk Pepper and then heading to the sewing machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment