Friday, September 22, 2023

Polar Bears, Thunderbird, and Anton

I've been sewing haversacks simultaneously as I sew 18th century period clothing. Prepping for the Great Lakes Congress show is the goal but while the haversacks I am making are for that show, that doesn't mean I won't sell them beforehand. 


This polar bear print haversack sold as soon as I sent out its pictures.

I can see why; it's a cute fabric but it's not cutsie and I've learned that cutsie doesn't sell well.


It is also Hamilton-sized. Haversacks to fit Hamilton sell really well, and did so even before those first Stagecoach Surprises were opened at BreyerFest last July.

And while the haversacks this customer bought had all been made to take to the GLC show, my goal is to sell haversacks, not save them for a particular show. I ended up selling this customer all four haversacks I'd just made. (All were made to fit Hamilton.)

The fabric is a bit sentimental. When each pony pal or cowpoke turned one, I began sewing them a set of holiday pillowcases.  (Birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, patriotic (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day), Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.) This was used for Cowpoke Braden, I think. 

It's fun to visit the grands and see my pillowcases on their pillows. Some like them so much that they use them year round. And Mountain Mama Jessica asked me to make back-to-school pillowcases for Cambria and Titan when they started kindergarten.

Pony Pal Addie even asked me to make one for her to give as a birthday present to her dad, Beach Son Kyle. She picked out a Mario fabric for him. 

In other news, the last of the Vintage Collector Club models and its Stablemate dropped yesterday! Meet Thunderbird.


It's the annual Gamber's Choice on the highly popular Silver mold by Kathleen Moody. It's also a nod to the Fighting Stallion and comes in four vintage colors. I am hoping to get the Appaloosa (my favorite breed), but my luck recently had targeting palominos. But I think I will be happy regardless.


The Stablemate is Anton, a tribute to the Classic Lippizaner.  Another Darwin for this collector who doesn't collect Stablemates? Yes, please!

Anton's box is a replica of the original Lippizaner's box. 


Here's the original box for the Classic Lippizaner.

I ordered my Thunderbird as soon as it dropped and that box won't be added to the pile of unopened Breyers here in my office. I can't wait to see which Thunderbird I receive.




1 comment:

  1. Those mini Lippizans are a hot item. I'd love to find one but not at the prices I'm seeing. I hope you get your Appy!
    Betsy in WI

    ReplyDelete