Yesterday I was determined to get to the barn. I sewed all morning, finishing the last voyager shirt I had planned to make for The Feast and that felt really good.
Then I took the afternoon off from sewing as I had some errands to run and scheduled a visit with Abby when those were completed. I was missing my mare and leaving her last meant I would not feel pressed to get on to the next thing on my errands list.
I started by meeting Cole and Vanessa at a restaurant to have a late celebration for Curt's birthday.
A smiling face that I knew greeted us at the door - former student Kamryn! I was her fourth and fifth grade teacher. (I taught her brother, too.) She came over to our table and we had a few minutes to catch up. It's always awesome to run into one of my formers!
After celebrating with Curt, I headed up to my sister's farm
One had a border of camels
and another had elephants!
Those two motifs are well documented in 18th century fabrics but they are hard to come by in the 21st century. I was really happy to find them.
At last it was time to head to the barn.
Two Socks and Sultanna came up with her, but I did not give them treats. Two Socks gets very pushy if she thinks you have food and demands attention.
Abby and I had a lovely visit on a beautiful Fall day. I was sad to leave, but I still had one more thing on my to-do list.
Re-filming the very last part of the video I am making.
Pepper doing as her Guide Dog training says she should - going under the desk or table when her mama is working.
I'm making some cuts to last night's work and then I will send this last bit to Cole so he can add it to what he has already done. Then I will be done!
Much as I love to sew, it was nice to take some time away from the sewing machine and do some other things, especially visiting Abby. And finishing that last bit of videotaping is a huge relief. I am done with the voyageur shirts but I still have some bedgowns to make for The Feast. If I don't finish those, though, I am still in good shape.
Funny how taking some time off can help you get more accomplished than you thought you could.



I’m dying to know what the video is for, or about!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I can share, I will. :) Lynn
Delete